LUI Ritual: Rebecca Harding
Here at LUI, we love the idea of rituals: those little everyday practices that help you feel calm, centred and whole. We believe shaving deserves to be part of this self-care routine. In celebration of mindful moments, the LUI Ritual series asks friends of the brand about their own positive habits and how they elevate their day.
HI, MY NAME IS… Rebecca Harding.
BUT EVERYONE CALLS ME… Bec.
WHEN I WAS GROWING UP I DREAMED OF BEING… a vet.
BUT NOW I WORK AS… a model and LUI brand founder.
THE FIRST THING I DO WHEN I WAKE UP IS… cuddle my dog Henrietta and then get some sun on my face.
THE LAST SONG I PLAYED ON SPOTIFY… 'Spooky (Quinten 909 Radio Mix)' - Dusty Springfield.
MY MORNING ROUTINE IS…
1. I drink a big glass of water and take a shot of apple cider vinegar to help with digestion.
2. Walk Henrietta to the park.
3. Qigong, it’s a form of meditation using body posture movements and breathing exercises.
4. Dry body brush. This helps to get my lymphatic system moving and reveals healthy, glowing skin.
5. Shower and full body moisturise. I don’t feel like my day has properly started until I’ve had a shower.
THE PERFUME I SPRAY ON RIGHT BEFORE I LEAVE THE HOUSE IS… Diptyque Eau des Sens. It’s got orange blossom in it which is my favourite smell ever.
MY COFFEE ORDER IS… oat matcha latte.
THROUGHOUT MY DAY I FIND JOY IN… hearing my dog dream as I work beside her.
MY LUNCH ORDER IS… the LUI SPRING SALAD BY GREEN-ON in Richmond!
MY 3PM PICK-ME-UP IS… something sweet, or another shower if I have a work event on in the evening.
AFTER A LONG DAY I SWITCH OFF BY… going to a hot pilates class and then preparing dinner. I weirdly find chopping vegetables very calming.
THE LAST BOOK I COULDN’T PUT DOWN… My Body by Emily Ratajkowski.
MY NIGHTTIME ROUTINE IS…
1. Cleanse my face and apply my skincare routine. I double cleanse to remove all my makeup, tone, apply a serum and then moisturise.
2. Water floss and brush my teeth.
3. Dim the lights.
4. Turn down our bed.
5. Apply a calming nighttime oil blend to my body.